The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is in charge of initiating, planning, and supervising a variety of initiatives meant to raise the standard of education offered by the college.
• To establish a system for conscientious, consistent, and proactive measures to enhance the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
• To foster a culture of quality and institutionalize best practices in order to improve institutional functioning.
• Ensuring the timely, efficient, and progressive completion of academic and administrative tasks.
• Optimizing and integrating modern teaching and learning methods.
• The creation and use of quality benchmarks/parameters for the college's numerous academic and administrative activities.
• Assisting in the development of a learner-centered environment that is supportive of high-quality instruction and faculty development in adopting the necessary skills and technologies for participatory teaching and learning processes.
• The documentation of the different initiatives and activities that increase quality.
• Creating the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR), which will be submitted to NAAC, in accordance with its requirements and specifications.
• Planning for student, parent, and other stakeholder feedback on institutional processes that affect quality.
• Information sharing regarding different aspects of higher education's quality.
• The planning of workshops between and within institutions, seminars on quality-related topics, and the encouragement of quality circles.